What does an HVAC technician do when they make a maintenance visit to your home or office?
HVAC technicians install and repair industrial and commercial refrigerating systems. But a lot of what we do is regular maintenance. We observe and test system operations, using gauges and instruments, to test the health of your system and find anything that might need replaced to keep things operating efficiently.
Things we do during a maintenance visit include:
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts
- Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming
- Review the electrical connections and thermostat performance
- Ensure your system is set for the upcoming season to run efficiently
Watch a quick overview of what we check during a spring or fall maintenance visit: